I was hoping to run the trencher today like I did when we replace our waterline at home but this machine was too hard to operate. Dave managed to get them all dug in the four hour limit.
Here Dave and Dad discuss how the plumbing will be designed.
Setting the power pole
This is the part of the house where the plumbing and drains will get set up.
In the foreground are the remnanats of an old foundation when the site had a farmhouse or a small office for a lumber operation. Our house just touches the old foundation so some of it had to come out.
The building site was pretty close to level. So just a little scraping and we were ready to dig.
As soon as I dig it out he smooshes it around.
In the trackhoe versus bulldozer death match. It was fun having two big machines doing all the heavy work. The testosterone was so thick you could cut it... actually it was so thich you couldn't cut it.
No it is the beginning of our house. Notice the large garage and... well it is just some dirt at the moment.
Here is the pumper truck.
The big trucks actually backed down our long winding drive. No small feat!
Here is a birds eye view of the concrete pour from on top of one of our trailers.
Here is my Dad, Jack, working on our well. We bought our pump on ebay for $100. The box was smoke damaged. Installing it ourselves saves us $2700!
Here is the big pumper truck and hose that filled al the forms.
Dave's invention to check the levels of our sand. It worked great!
Everyone got a turn at the tamper.
While it was pretty easy I was darn sore this morning when I got up.
Here is our friend Chris, he gave us a hand today doing some tamping.
PUD dissaproved us this morning case we did not have the trench dug out behing the box and the wires were not stripped. Luckily I was out there earlier enough to get it dug out and my dad came and stripped the wires so we were ready to go. I will be up to 3 working days to get power now.
Stuart works at getting the insulation to fit just right.
Even though we failed the PUD inspection on Friday once I dug the trench and my Dave stripped the wires he managed to get us on the schedule. Way to go.
Once the sand was tamped down and level then the insulation could be put down and the rebar over that. The rebar is tied at each cross.
The under the slab plumbing is all in one room thank goodness. We ended up digging out a lot of sand to accomadate it.